Settings Page Demystified
Last updated on December 21st, 2021
In this article, we take a look at each item in the Settings menu within the Muze application and how they are supposed to operate.
Enter a promo code if you want your matches to be limited to a particular organization, like a college campus. This promo code can be entered at the time of sign up also.
You can also remove a promo code and apply another one.
Go to Using Promo Codes to learn more.
On this page, you can connect your social media channels with your Muze account.
- Connect your Facebook and Twitter accounts to be able to automatically post about events on these channels
- Connect your Google account to view your personal Google Calendar events within the Muze calendar
On the My Questions page, there is a question about whether you want to connect your Spotify account. If you do so, we will be able to match you with other users who have similar music tastes based on their Spotify profile. For this functionality to work, you need to connect your Spotify account with Muze platform.
You can connect and disconnect your Spotify account either from the My Questions page or here in your settings. Upon clicking Connect, you will be redirected to Spotify to approve linking your account.
For more information on connecting Spotify, visit this article.
Do you have a query regarding your Muze account? Are you facing any issues while using our platform? Do you need any help? Just go to the Contact Us page and submit your query.
There are several subjects that you can choose to attach to your message:
- User is harassing me: if a user is harassing you for any reason, you can go to their User’s Profile and block them so that they will no longer show up in your matches or be able to message you. However, if they are in violations of our Terms of Service (or you feel any other need to report them), please let us know with a message with this subject option.
- Bug: if you experience a bug in the app, please report it with this option.
- Feature request: we are constantly improving our service, and if there is anything you would like to see on Muze, let us know with a message with this subject option.
- Help using the app: if you need any help with the app, you can view our help articles (like this one) at the Muze Help Center or send us a message using this subject.
- Other: if any of the above options don’t fit your message, you can always pick this option.
If you would prefer a phone call, you can enter your phone number. This is optional.
After typing in the Message field (which says “Enter message here…”), simply press Submit and we will get back to you as soon as possible via email.
Note: You also have this ability on the Contact Us page of our public facing site.
Here you can update the password for your Muze account.
- First, enter your existing password
- Enter the new password that you want to set
- Confirm your new password by entering it again
- Press Update
You can click on the “eye” icon in any of the fields to view your entries.
With the Free plan, you get limited storage space for uploading your media files for up to 1GB. If you need more space, you can upgrade to the Pro plan for $9.99 a month for up to 50GB of storage.
Just open the Pricing page and click Upgrade. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete your payment.
You can cancel your subscription at any time on this page by clicking Cancel.
More details are on the Help With The Muze Media Page article.
Muze sends you email notifications for certain actions and events.
On this page you can opt out of some of these emails. The emails you can opt out of are:
- Invitations from other users to start or join a band
- New messages
- Invitations to events
Note: There are some basic notification types that are essential for the working of your Muze account and cannot be disabled:
- Account information
- Billing related notifications
If you ever feel that you no longer want to use your Muze account, then you can deactivate it here.
Before deactivating the account, you will be prompted with a short optional survey which you can skip at any time. Your feedback will help us make our platform better!
However, we always suggest that before deactivating your account that you reach out to us with any concerns. You can do so at our Contact Us page.
To safely log out of your Muze account.