Last updated on February 11th, 2022
The Matches page is where you can find opportunities to connect. This is the first page you will see after signing up or logging into your account.
On this page, you can search for other musicians based on different filter criteria:
- Location: This is the location of where to center your search. It can be as broad as a city, or as specific as an address. If you do not select a location, you will by default see users from all locations. Currently Muze only supports locations in the United States.
- Range: This is a numerical value for how many miles we will search from the location you entered in the previous filter. You can set this up to 100 miles.
- Username: This is will search for a specific username. This is helpful if you already have a band created outside of Muze and you want to use Muze for its other features (like finding other band mates).
- Search: This applies the Location, Range, Username, and More Filters fields to your search.
- More Filters: This will open a pop-up window showing additional criteria that you can filter your matches with:
- Auto Match: Use this option to intelligently find the musician based on your profile answers
- Role: Filter your options to see just band vacancies (Join a band), just musicians (Find musicians), or both (Bands & Musicians).
- Instruments Played: Filter your options to see any musicians with at least one of the instruments you have selected listed in their What instruments do you play? question on their profile.
- Experience: Filter your options to see any musicians with this experience level in their How experienced are you? question on their profile.
- Music Goal: Filter your options to see any musicians with at least one of these Goals listed in their What are your music goals? question on their profile.
- Genres Played: Filter your options to see any musicians with at least one of these Genres listed in their What genres do you like to play? question on their profile.
- Has A Practice Space: Filter your options to see any musicians who have selected Yes in their Do you have a practice space? question on their profile.
- Availability: Filter your options to see any musicians with at least one of these Days listed in their What days of the week are you available to play? question on their profile.
- Clear Filters: This will clear the Location, Range, Username, and More Filters fields from your search.
Below the filters, you will see a card for each user along with their User Details, showing the basic details of the matching users.
Clicking on the username of the user opens the Profile Details of that user in a new page.
On their details page, you can:
- Send an invitation to create a band with that user
- Block or unblock a user. Blocked users will no longer show up as a match and you will not be able to send each other messages.
Amongst the cards for users, you will also see any matching vacancies within different bands. Vacancy cards are marked with ‘Vacancy’ tag, to differentiate them from User cards.
Clicking on the band’s name in the vacancy will open the details of the vacancy.
On the vacancy details page, you can send the request to join the band.
On the User and Vacancy cards, there is an Envelope button.
For a User, clicking on this button will start a chat with that user.
For a Vacancy, clicking on this button will start a chat with the key member of the band.